Monday, September 28, 2015

Always Aesthetic

I thought it was interesting that Kim brought up the method that everything should for the most part be beautiful when presented to a client.  It makes complete sense that a person would want information to be presented to them in a clear and concise way, but that was something that was not at the forefront of my mind in considering design in the professional world outside of academia.  This concept seems like a no-brainer now that it has been presented to me, but intuitively I wanted to think that it would be easy for someone to understand my concept in a meeting if they were an executive and had a big stake in the project.  It seems that we can get caught up in the perspective of a designer during school, through critiques, since we are presenting to fellow designers almost exclusively.  It is important to remain grounded as we realize that often times our clients will not be designers and will lack the "vision" that we take for granted when working in a world of almost exclusively design oriented minds.  To this end I think that I can apply this to my project as well as my future design work that my deliverables should all be as polished as possible, and that I need to consider the fact that what I may understand from a designers perspective may not necessarily translate very well to the layman, to whom I am likely presenting my work to.

No comments:

Post a Comment